Engineered Hardwood Floors in Phoenix,AZ
Do you want the look of hardwood flooring but need a more budget-friendly option? Engineered hardwood flooring is the ideal choice for you. Blackhawk Floors offers beautiful engineered wood flooring at prices you can afford and installation services you can trust.
Engineered hardwood floors have a myriad of benefits to offer those that aren’t into the cost of solid hardwood floors. Since they’re designed with real, natural wood on the surface, you won’t have to sacrifice the natural beauty that solid wood floors offer. Keep reading to learn why engineered wood flooring is a great option for you.
Benefits of Engineered Wood Floors
With engineered hardwood floors, there are a lot of great aspects that you’ll want to take advantage of.
- Appearance: Perhaps one of the greatest allures of engineered hardwood floors is that it still offers you that natural, gorgeous hardwood look and feel. The top layer of the engineered wood floor is actually real wood, so it’s not just a replica that will never compare. You’re still getting the real thing, just in a different format and design
- Cost: Another highly desirable feature of engineered wood, is the price tag. Engineered wood flooring is a more affordable alternative to solid hardwood floors because the whole plank is not made of real hardwood. The surface is natural wood compressed into layers, but it’s backed by strong plywood, so it’s more affordable than flooring made entirely of natural hardwood
- Strength: The strength and durability of plywood is another perk of engineered hardwood floors. Engineered flooring is composed of layers of compressed hardwood on top of plywood, which makes it able to withstand heavy foot traffic and impacts.
- Customizable: Because natural wood is on the surface, it offers the same level of customization as solid hardwood. You can choose the type of wood, the finish of it, and even the grade to make it more suitable for your budget
- Smart design: Engineered wood flooring won’t expand and contract to the degree that solid hardwood does, which makes it able to withstand humid conditions and moisture in areas like bathrooms and kitchens
- Installation: Engineered hardwood flooring can be stapled, glued, or installed as a floating floor on top of existing floors. This latter option is the easiest, but no matter which route is decided upon, our team will execute it with ease and expertise
Engineered Hardwood vs. Solid Hardwood
Engineered floors give you the look and benefit of a solid wood floor without the expense. We are proud to offer custom site-finished engineered wood floors. This gives the floor the look of solid hardwood. You can choose your wood type, grade, color, finish, and you can even have the floor distressed or hand-scraped for added depth and texture. Whatever your needs, engineered wood flooring can meet them.
Contact Blackhawk Floors today for more information on engineered hardwood floors.